Midwest Engineering Systems Inc., an innovator and leader in complex systems integration, has been providing custom design and automation solutions for over 20 years. A company dedicated to customer satisfaction and successful solutions, MWES continues to expand its capabilities and has become a valued supplier to many loyal customers. MWES technical expertise includes a vast knowledge base serving customers in many industries.
MWES, located in Waukesha, Wisconsin, is currently recruiting for an APPLICATION SUPPORT SPECIALIST . This is a PART TIME (20-25 HOURS/WEEK) , direct hire position.
Our ideal candidate for this entry level position must have minimum 2 years’ experience with SQL Server and TSQL/ SQL, understand business process and writing test scripts. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants work life balance and a flexible schedule.
The Application Support Specialist is responsible for delivering support to the IS Manager and end users in the organization about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively while fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as operations, development, and other business units. The Application Support Analyst is also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement of software applications training programs and related courseware and be skilled at researching simple to complex problems.
- Work directly with IS Manager and business teams to keep the communication flowing
- Assist users with identifying application questions and issues and coordinate with the correct departments to help resolve problems
- Assist in providing recommendations for the best user experiences and product enhancements
- Researching, troubleshooting, diagnosing and recommending solutions to increasingly complex business or technical problems
- Create test scripts and assist with application testing of all critical business processes
- Assist in developing FAQ’s
- Assist and maintain wiki pages, business process and training documentation
- Maintain testing environment and setup test data in the database as needed to reproduce issues and execute all required test cases.
- Report defects and problems that occur during the testing process within the bug tracking system and Verify bugs have been resolved during testing
- Train employees following the training standards set by IS manager.
- Completion of functional, integration, and regression testing of software release upgrades and application enhancements
- Other duties as assigned