MWES is currently recruiting for an experienced LEAD MECHANICAL ENGINEER . This is a full-time, direct hire position. MWES offers competitive wages and a complete benefit package.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years Mechanical Design experience, Solidworks preferred.
Under supervision of the Mechanical Engineering Manager, the Lead Mechanical Engineer assists with the designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery. Demonstrate creativity and ingenuity when applying engineering principals to design custom machining project involving web handling and/or converting principals. The Lead Mechanical Engineer works as a member of a project team and coordinates work with others, while achieving and on-time completion of the project within budgetary constraints.
- Develop the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Collaborate with project team, peers and management to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information. Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Provide Project Manager (PM) with timely status reports of assignments.
- Complete all necessary Project Development paperwork and produce meaningful project control documentation.
- Travels as required to complete project tasks.
- Maintains a strong company presence and positive working relationship with customers, subcontractors, vendors and co-workers to accomplish smooth system start-ups.
- Stay current in new developments in the industry.
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations.
- Carry out other tasks and assignments as requested by the Mechanical Engineering Manager or Project Manager.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years experience as a Mechanical Engineer required
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree (AA) or four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or Solidworks
- Experience in Robotic Integration, Automation &/or Converting preferred