MWES is currently recruiting for an experienced PRODUCTION COORDINATOR/EXPEDITER.
Our ideal candidate must possess the following skills:
- Minimum of 3 years Production Coordinator/Planner in a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work in a face paced environment
- Experience working with and understanding Solidworks drawings helpful
- Exceptional customer service, communication, organization and time management skills.
- Experience in purchasing helpful. This position is responsible for VMI buying
- Strong computer skills, ability to work with multiple software packages. Experience with Jobscope helpful
Under supervision of the Plant Manager, the Production Coordinator/Expediter acts as a liaison between engineering, manufacturing and purchasing. Responsibilities include planning, organizing, and releasing purchased parts necessary for the release and control of work orders to the shop floor. This position will also provide expediting and back-up support to Purchasing as well purchasing a variety of products.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manage production Bill of Material (BOM).
- Coordinate with engineers and shop personnel to ensure the BOM will reflect any changes
- Manage Advanced Purchase Requests
- Generate work orders and add routings
- Organize BOM components upon receipt and “kit” parts into specified location. Manage and maintain all project components until released
- Attend weekly project meetings to provide updates to Plant Manager
- Update Machine Shop production spreadsheet weekly
- Estimate hours to complete on in-house machined parts
- Build job carts by providing labeling for mechanical and electrical components
- Manage project materials and components on job carts until releases to shop for assembly
- Expedite purchase orders for commercial mechanical and electrical purchased components, update purchase order dates and notes. Advise buyer of any discrepancies for further review
- Initiates, follow-up and expedite purchase orders VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory), entering data into the ERP system
- Work with purchasing, engineering and manufacturing departments to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain high level of quality customer service, follow-up on inquiries, maintain correspondence – status, confirmations, delays, etc.
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
To be considered for this position, please submit resume and salary requirements. We offer competitive wages and a full benefit package, including health, dental and vision insurance.
MWES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.