MWES, located in Waukesha, Wisconsin, is currently recruiting for an experienced WELDER. This is a full time, direct hire position. MWES offers competitive wages and a complete benefit package.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a welder/fabricator, is able to read and understand SolidWorks/CAD drawings, have own tools and is able to communication and work well in a team environment.
Under supervision of the Plant Manager, the Welder/Fabricator works from drawings to layout, fit, align, weld and fabricate large, heavy, complete structural assemblies, components, and weldments to very close tolerances and specifications.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, and other alloys.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- Remove rough spots from workpieces, using portable grinders, hand files, or scrapers. Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders, or arc-cutting equipment
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
MWES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.