Under supervision of the Applications Engineering (AE) Manager, the Application Engineer works with the Sales Engineer and other engineering departments to design and develop equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers. Provide Sales Engineer with necessary documentation to provide the customer with accurate and complete proposal
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Establishes and maintains a quote request log and prioritizes utilization of internal resources required to execute a project quote/estimate
- Works with Sales Engineers, customers, and internal resources to define a solution for the project being proposed
- Conducts research on the design and development of quotes and estimates utilizing the latest trends and technologies
- Works with internal resources to put together concept drawings required for the proposal
- Create, modify and update proposals as necessary to ensure accuracy of proposal
- Create, modify, and update 2D & 3D layout concepts in support of the proposal process
- Recommends changes in procedures, design or equipment where necessary
- At the kickoff of the project, ensures that the project team is provided with the information they need to successfully execute the project (based on the quote and estimate)
- Throughout the project execution, participate in design reviews and customer meetings as needed.
- Complete all necessary Project Development paperwork and produce meaningful project control documentation.
- Travels as required to complete project tasks.
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or five (5) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years developing price estimates for mechanical or electrical automation equipment
- Minimum three (3) years developing proposals or other technical documents describing mechanical systems, how they function and their make-up
- Previous Project Management experience helpful.